Can I find Mad Kamel sunglasses in shops?
Mad Kamel frames are mainly found on the internet. Why? To make sure you get the best value for money available on the market. Occasionally you can find the frames in stores.
What are the frame sizes?
Wearing eyeglasses properly is first of all a matter of look, but it is also a matter of size. So how can I be sure that the frames will fit me well?
In the description of each model as well as indelibly engraved on each pair of glasses (usually on the inside of a temple) you will find the information on the dimensions.
Example: 52□18 – 140
- 52* (value X) –> Width of glasses
- 18* (value Y) –> Bridge width
- 140* (value Z) –> Temple length
*All dimensions are in millimeters
How do I know if the size fits me?
The easiest way is to take a pair of glasses that you have already worn and compare the dimensions written on the frame with those of the chosen model.
If you don’t have a frame, you can use a ruler (by looking in a mirror) that you will position at the level of the temples to take the measurements of the width of the lenses and the bridge. The measurement will not be extremely precise but rest assured that a few millimeters of difference will not make any difference.
How do I know if my glasses are of good quality?
To have good quality glasses, you must check at least two points:
- That they are certified by the competent authorities. Meaning, they have been tested by a laboratory and comply with the standards imposed by the country where you bought them (at Mad Kamel, we use the services of the Alutec laboratory for all our tests). You will find an inscription on the inside of the temple with an acronym (for Europe, it is the CE acronym) which is indelibly inscribed and proves that your glasses comply with all the necessary standards.
- A leaflet attached to the glasses that will give you lots of information. It goes from the name of the standard, to the address of the company while passing by the conditions in which not to use the glasses.
How do I know if my eyes are well protected?
Sunglasses are classified in 5 categories from 0 to 4 explained below. Just be aware that at Mad Kamel we mostly use Category 3 lenses (for all details, please refer to the product sheets)
Category 0 :
This does not protect from the sun’s rays! This type of glasses is used for protective glasses for indoor sports for example. They let through between 80 and 100% of the light.
Category 1 :
These are lightly tinted lenses that let between 43 and 80% of light through. It is a light protection that is, as for the category 0, generally used for splash protection glasses or indoor sports.
Category 2 :
There we arrive at more tinted glasses but which remain to use by weak luminosity (under a forest, wood etc…). They let pass between 18 and 43% of the light.
Category 3 :
Now we get down to business! These are the most popular lenses because they allow only 8 to 18% of light to pass through. They protect against a use in the mountains or this summer when you will tan on your deckchair 😉 !
Category 4 :
These are lenses that allow very little light to pass through; between 3 and 8%. These lenses are mainly used for babies and children under 5 years old whose eyes are more fragile than adults’. They can also be used for prolonged activities and/or activities exposed to very high light intensities, such as swimming in the summer or walking on a glacier.
For your information, it is strictly FORBIDDEN to drive with category 4 glasses unless they are photochromic (i.e. they adapt their tint to the ambient light).
How to maintain sunglasses?
Are your shades dirty?
If you are in a hurry, use the Mad Kamel microfiber that you received with your glasses. Avoid cleaning them with your shirt or tee-shirt, as this may scratch the lenses.
Otherwise, for a better quality cleaning:
- Wash your hands with soap
- Run your glasses under warm water
- Gently rub your glasses (inside and outside) with your fingers and a drop of dishwashing liquid.
- Rinse under lukewarm water
- Drain your glasses and dry them with a dry cloth. Do not use paper towels or lint.
Be careful, never use products to clean windows or multi-purpose products, they contain products that may damage the lenses.
How to adjust the temples of your glasses?
To see if your sunglasses fit, shake your head vigorously from right to left. The frames should not fall off.
If they do, it is always better to go to an optician to adjust the frames. However, for cellulose acetate frames, it is possible to adjust them yourself. To do this, gently heat your temple with a hair dryer or hot water to soften it slightly and give it the desired shape.
- Do not overheat to avoid damaging or burning the material
- Never heat the glasses
- Never force the hinge or it will break. Grasp the branch vigorously with one hand and use the other
Orders, Returns and Warranty
How long does it take to receive my product after ordering?
If the order is placed early in the morning, it will be shipped the same day, otherwise the next day. Then it depends on the shipping option you have chosen as well as the country of destination (generally between 2 and 5 working days for France).
How long do I have to return the product if it does not suit me?
From the day after the date of receipt, the return period is 90 days. To do this, follow the return formalities.
What are the formalities of return?
For any purchase on the site www.madkamel.com
- Prepare the package carefully: the goods must be in their original state, with the labels, the packaging and the instructions. You can use the original box if it is still in good condition and allows to protect the product.
- Generate and print a return label on the ColiBack website (free return from France)
- Close the package well
- Tape the return label to the package
- Drop off the package at the collection point indicated when the label was created
- Track the package on the Coliback platform
- We’ll pay you back
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long does it take to get my money back?
- We normally process our returns within 2 weeks of receipt. This may take longer during busy periods.
- Refunds will only be made if the merchandise is still in its original condition, with all labels and packaging and returned within 90 days.
What is Lifetime Warranty?
Mad Kamel offers a lifetime warranty on all defective Mad Kamel sunglasses. The sunglasses are fully guaranteed with proof of purchase against defects in material and workmanship from the date of purchase. Other Mad Kamel products such as cases, sleeves, boxes and wipes are not covered by the warranty.
Mad Kamel’s warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, such as scratches on glasses. Mad Kamel’s warranty does not cover internal or external damage to products caused by abuse or mishandling.
Mad Kamel has full discretion to determine manufacturing defects. Scratched lenses are NOT considered a manufacturing defect.
If Mad Kamel products are found to be defective, they will be replaced at no cost to you and the return shipping costs refunded. If the products are not considered defective, they will be repaired or replaced at a reasonable cost with your authorization.
This warranty applies only to Mad Kamel products purchased from authorized Mad Kamel dealers and is valid only for the original purchaser.
For all warranty claims; please contact your dealer directly (shop or website) or at email@example.com if the purchase was made on our website.